The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps - Proverbs 16:9

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

On Dreams

First of all, I must clarify, what I am going to say may sound a little crazy. I have a pretty radical view on dreams and what they represent. God used dreams as tools in the Bible and while I don't really take my dreams as a specific calling from God, sometimes dreams can be very telling.

There are times when a dream is just a bizarre jumble of thoughts and things you experienced in your day. There are also times however that your feelings and emotions come out in your dreams. Situations that would never be possible in waking life suddenly make sense because they are a manifestation of our emotional state. I don't profess to be an expert on dreams. I don't know why they work the way they do. I just think that sometimes they can either be a beautiful or terrifying revelation of how you are feeling at that point in your life.

Just like last night:-) My dream of last night was about Peter Pan. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for the story of Peter Pan, probably because when all other kids were watching meaningless cartoons when they were 5 I was sitting in my room reading all the books that were supposed to be for when I was older. The Peter Pan segment of my dream was the last before I awoke, and it started like this.

I was in a world where I could see no color. Nothing was happy, and everything ended in sadness. Until one day this boy(peter pan) showed up and started to make me realize that no matter the situation there was something greater than us going on and that everything was going to be alright. That there really was color in the world, I just had become blind to seeing it.

Like I said, bizarre but telling. Especially since I have my very own Peter flying in to get me a week from today :-)

On that note, I have realized(through the comment of a follower) that I failed to mention where I would be moving to. The above mentioned Peter Pan is my boyfriend of 10 months. We have known each other for about 2 and a half years and started officially seeing each right before we graduated from college. He traveled as a director for a drama team over the summer and I moved back to my parents home. This presented a distance problem for us. We decided that since that really was our only problem that we should not let that stop us. The summer came and went and he moved back with his family in Ohio. We have both been commuting ever since and we have just come to realize that although we are doing great with a (very)long-distance relationship that it is time to be close. I have long wanted to live on my own. Not for any dispute or problem with my family life, just for the sole fact of having a place to call my own. Just the thought of breaking out excites me. Of pioneering my own way with no one to depend on but God alone. Obviously, it made no sense in my mind to do this anywhere but somewhere close to the one that I love. So Ohio it is:-) I leave temporarily on the 17th to find a job and an apartment. Both of which are almost set already and just need my physical presence to accomplish them. When all that is nailed down I will travel back to bring all of my stuff with me.

So that is all the exciting details of my life. I love waking up every morning in anticipation. I love having goals. I love the idea of living:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment